Last week I mentioned my lack of firm resolutions and goals. By that I meant plans as specific as “I will sell x stories this year” and so on. They're great aims to have, but generally outside your control.
That doesn’t mean I haven’t made plans for the year. And although I hate the term “journey” (as in “I’m on a journey”), I suppose if I switched on my WPS this is where I’d see myself at right now.
- I have a bunch of notes, scribbles, thoughts and half-baked (or quarter-baked) ideas in my notebook. None of these are ready to go anywhere.
- I have seven or eight paragraphs written (from a couple of years ago) that need a fresh look. They are ready to be made into stories – maybe I’m just not quite ready to revisit them yet.
- I have a couple of stories that need rewrites. I know what’s lacking, I just have to let them bounce around in my skull a while longer.
- I have twelve fully formed ideas that just need to be written. All I need is to make the time to sit down and get into them. At least one of these I’m really excited about.
- I have 7 stories out at markets at the moment. All I need is for those editors to like my stories enough to take them. At least two of those are on hold.
- I have two stories already taken and patiently waiting for their publication in the middle of 2012.
- I have made plans to further my writing this year. Steps have been taken, threats have been made.
Let’s see where the WPS shows me at the end of the year.
Post a Comment